6.20.2007

a long work in progress



This quilt has been three years in the making. I cut the blocks three years ago, then a year later, pieced them together. Eventually I pinned the top, bottom and batting together. Thus it has remained for the past year. It's my girl's favorite play quilt. I figured it was finally time to sew on the binding. This was very quick. I ripped strips of cloth and ironed them in half. (I don't cut the cloth on the bias for this, because it takes too long and uses too much fabric. For clothes or a curved collar, I would cut it on the bias to give it more bend.) Last night while watching t.v. I worked on hand stiching the edge of the binding. I'm not quite done yet. Hopefully it won't take me another year to finish...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can i even tell you how much fun i have turning on my computer, and waiting to see what you've been up to? every time i read about what you are doing it makes me happy. this quilt is gorgeous. i still need to figure out that whole bias thing one of these days...