8.03.2007

ah the West!





We spent the day climbing Table Rock yesterday. Our six year old came with us and he was quite a tough little guy. If you're ever in the Jackson Hole area, this is one climb that is definitely worth the effort. It is 11 miles round trip with a 4,000 feet gain in elevation. The hike begins on the Idaho side of the mountains, not far from Grand Targhee Ski Resort. The top of Table Mountain offers the most spectacular view of the Grand Teton, which is about one mile away. (The third photo shows the view of the Grand.) This is one fabulous hike that I would highly recommend.

2 comments:

Odelsa said...

You are right Melissa, Table Rock is one of the funnest and best hikes. I have hiked it a few times and have loved it.I'm so glad you are having fun.

Unknown said...

unbelievably beautiful - and I can't believe that A made it the whole way!! he's amazing. I bet it will be one great memory for him...