8.05.2007

treasure hunting


Tomorrow morning school starts - always bittersweet for me (well, I guess I should not say "always" as it's only the second start of school for our family, not counting preschool. He's starting first grade). SO: still bittersweet for me, just like last year. I've been trying to cram lots of fun things into the past week and here was one of our favorite things - treasure hunting. Use a white crayon to write secret messages/clues on white paper, and then hide them for the treasure hunter to find. The hunter must decipher the notes as she or he finds them by painting with watercolor on the clues. Very thrilling for 6, almost 4, and 30-year olds alike. Particularly when the treasure at the end of the hunt is a pile of Hershey Kisses on the floor of the shower. :)

3 comments:

melissa said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We're going to have to try this. The reward sounds particularly yummy!

stephmodo said...

so did you have watercolors set up all over the house? Email me!!

Anonymous said...

love this use of resist - the boys love to send letters with secret messages to their friends in the mail - we'll definitely be using this! :^)