10.05.2007

My new/old chair in it's new/old spot




I've been having some fun arranging/rearranging the furniture this afternoon. I finally got the strength up to manoeuvre this pretty linen estate sale chair through the narrow doorway into the t.v. room. I must say, it looks perfect in this space. The only problem is that the chair smells like an old lady. Being the clean freak that I am, after admiring the chair in the t.v. room for about five minutes, I snapped a few pictures, then quickly banished it back to it's home by the front door. In such a spot, it's smell is more contained. I'm awaiting my friend's steam cleaner, which has been lent to another friend. In the meantime, I'll have these photos to remember how pretty it looked...
P.S. Do you like my son's self-portrait? He did this last year. I'm crazy about it. I also had a lot of fun playing around with a new wide angle lens. It's amazing how much of a tiny space can fit into one photo, though it does cause a fair bit of distortion. I wish it could cause smell distortion and morph my lovely linen old-lady dust chair into a sweet fragrant bouqet de fleurs.

5 comments:

Odelsa said...

Melissa, the room looks lovely! I do love that chair and hope that you can borrow the steam cleaner soon because it looks perfect in that room!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

cute!! I love the the blue on the wall!! so pretty!!!

Unknown said...

melissa, this room is SO pretty!! hilarious about the old lady smell. I also really love those little antlers on the wall, and the self-portrait is fabuloso.

Holly Woods said...

Love the self portrait!!
Do you have the essencial oil lavendar? Might try to put some drops on a terry towel when you are steam cleaning the offending chair.
I love my steam cleaner. I also use in on tile floors, shower stall, needlepoint pillow's etc.
Plus it is so eco friendly:)
Heddy

Fine Little Day said...

The top pic are so nice :)