6.24.2008

white tunic-y dotted swiss top. and burger recipe. yum.





This is a little top that started out as perhaps a dress for the baby. But then I got going, stitch by stitch on a lazy Saturday morning, and by the time I'd done the pleats in the front and back, it just seemed like a swingy, hot-weather tunic for a girl who's covered in body art (pretty much a constant stream of it, all the time) was this particular piece of fabric's inevitable destination.

On a totally unrelated note, I have found my new summer go-to dinner, courtesy of my very gourmet sister-in-law Diane (whose amazing home in New York I hope to show you pictures of soon. No pressure, Diane, if you happen to read this).

Here is a quick, easy recipe for the best TURKEY BURGERS you will ever eat:
1 lb. ground turkey, 2 T. balsamic vinegar, 1 c. grated cheddar cheese, 1 t. salt, 2 T. dried minced onions, 1 T. garlic powder. Easy. Mix up, shape, and grill... so savory and so quick! My kids, the husband and I are all in delicious burger heaven when we devour these. And you can be too.

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Definitely Yum! Thanks for posting the recipe! :)

Grosgrain said...

I love, love, the front collar of this shirt. Looks very retro. Is it similar to the Zola coat? Oh and the dotted swiss is so sweet! One of my favorite fabrics:)

lera said...

A dotted swiss top. I don't think it gets any better than that :-)

(And the burger recipe sounds pretty tasty.)

Rubyellen said...

Yes, yes! I agree with Kathleen... and turkey burgers, yumm!!! That dress is screaming for some ketchup and mustard!

melissa said...

A crisp white dress and some temporary tattoos: nice combination! Your girl looks adorable in it! And the burgers sound yummy! Too bad our grill is broken!

Joslyn said...

the tunic is totally brilliant...as always i want something you've made for your daughter for myself!

love the body art too...audrey is all about body art...can't stop stamping her legs with her little rubber stamp set.

Bethany said...

This top is so chic!!!! Your daughter is one lucky girl! And those burgers do sound delicious!!! Sarah Foster has a meatloaf recipe that you use ground turkey in and it is the only meatloaf I ever made that tasted wonderful! thanks!!! (Check out the Kokeshi show when you get a minute! ;)

Kellie H said...

I do not eat beef, so turkey burgers are all my fam will get from me. wait...they never get any because the ones I've tried have bombed. This burger recipe sounds like a winner though! it will be tried & tested v. soon! thanks

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

So mod! I love it!

Turkey burgers are on the menu for tonight and I'm totally using your recipe. Thanks!

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

Just went to burger heaven! Those were delish!

Thanks!

sandrine said...

adorable!

Lauren said...

I LOVE the top - it looks so refreshing. And the recipe sounds simple but delicious. We will have to try it out.

xo

Audrey and the Boys said...

We never do burgers, but I might just have to try that recipe. It sounds great!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a cool breezy dress!
So lovely!
Becky

Unknown said...

Yum! Can't wait to try those turkey burgers! What kind of roll did you serve them on?

L is quite adorable in that tunic!

Kari said...

The collar reminds me of the one on that JCrew top we both spotted!

Emily Sherinian said...

Oooooo- I just made and served your turkey burgers and got rave reviews (a little extra sharp cheddar made up for the fact that we had to "grill" these on our stove). Thanks for the tasty tip!
-Emily (Bench) Sherinian